Recorded 12/15/2007.Â Hosted by John C. Snider and David Driscoll.
Our “War on Christmas” Special! – We look at the myths and misconceptions surrounding the holiday season.
Gifts for Non-Believers– We countdown our Top FiveÂ suggestions for gifts for non-believers.
4. The God Who Wasn’t There (DVD)
3. An all-expenses-paid trip to Cincinnati, including a visit to the Creation Museum in nearby Petersburg, KY.
2. Donation to Charity – For the nonbeliever who has everything, why not give a gift in his/her name to a relevant non-profit?Â David’s suggestions: The Freedom from Religion Foundation or the Secular Coalition.
1. Four Horsemen Gift Pack containing God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens, The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, The End of Faith by Sam Harris, Breaking the Spell by Daniel Dennett, and a copy of The Bible (so you’ll know what the fuss is all about).
5. The Portable Atheist, a collection of skeptical writings from antiquity to the present, edited by Christopher Hitchens.
4. Museum Membership to a local natural history, science or art museum.Â If the recipient doesn’t have access to such big-city facilities, try subscriptions to magazines like National Geographic, Scientific American, or Skeptical Inquirer?
2. A Copy of The Bible signed by the Author – If you’re participating in a “white elephant” gift exchange, a great gag would be to toss in a copy of the Good Book and add an inscription; e.g. “To Whom It May Concern – Sorry about the mess.Â Best Regards, God.”Â Be sure to conceal your handwriting and be prepared to maintain a good poker face.Â If you’re really daring, try a copy of The Satanic Bible.
1. From So Simple a Beginning – This bug-crushing 1,700-page hardcover contains all four of Charles Darwin’s classic books: The Voyage of the Beagle, The Origin of Species, The Descent of Man, and The Expression of Emotions in Man and Animals.Â It comes in a nice slipcase, with a forward by self-proclaimed “provisional deist” Edward O. Wilson.
Feedback – Email your comments to email@example.com and we might read â€˜em on the air (attach â€œvoicemailsâ€ in mp3 or wav format).
Discuss – Weâ€™ve set up a message board at Yahoo Groups.
To listen to this episode click here.