Religion and Insanity
– A look back at the sad story of Andrea Yates, who infamously drowned all five of her children.
– An academic study investigates the link between religious fundamentalism and mental illness.
– A man cuts off and microwavesÂ his hand because he thought it bore the Mark of the Beast.
Plus two garden-variety crazies:
– Marguerite “Dark-Sided” Perrin (from the TV show Trading Spouses).
– Pastor Fred “God Hates Fags” Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church.
Send us feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for chat at the American Freethought Yahoo Group.
Theme music by Body Found.
Hosted by John C. Snider and David Driscoll.Â Recorded 01/19/2008.
To listen to this episode click here.