It’s War on Christmas! There is no War on Christmas–there’s only a war on the alleged War on Christmas. Example: A new group called Faith Driven Consumers has published the so-called Faith Equality Index, which ranks major companies on, among other things, whether they use “Christmas” in their holiday literature, discriminate against LGBT persons, or oppose women’s sexual freedom. Basically, if you’re a bigot they want Christians to shop at your store. So…we’re encouraging our listeners to do the opposite: if Faith Driven Consumers don’t like a company, we love ’em.
We offer our annual Top Five Suggestions for Gifts for Nonbelievers:
5. The Story of God by Chris Matheson
4. A subscription to Skeptic magazine.
3. A charitable donationÂ in your friend of family member’s name to the Freedom from Religion Foundation.
2. A trip to France! Show your support and show you’re not afraid.
5. The albums of Baba Brinkman.
4. For shock value: A statuette of Baphomet (look on eBay or etsy).
3. A charitableÂ donationÂ in your friend or family member’sÂ name to the Humanist Society.
2. The albums of Eagles of Death Metal (the band that was playing Le Bataclan in Paris during the November 13 terrorist attacks).
1. The 30-meter long fold-out science book “Evo” by Dutch artist Jurian Moller.
In other news:
Presidential candidate Ted Cruz implies that nonbelievers aren’t fit to become president.
Presidential candidate John Kasich says he’ll create a federal organization to promote “Judeo-Christian” values. (He later tried to walk that back a bit.)
How knowledgeable are you on world religions? Try your hand at the “Are You Smarter Than an Atheist” quiz.
Go see the film Spotlight. Stop arguing. Just go.
To listen to this episode click here.