There are fewer democracies in the world today than there were at the turn of the century, and in several Western countries–including the United States–the embrace of liberal ideals has been steadily eroding. To discuss why this is happening, and what might be done to reverse the trend, I talk with Edward Luce, author of The Retreat of Western Liberalism.
On June 11, 2017, Puerto Ricans go to the polls to decide if their island will remain a territory of the United States, join as a fully-fledged State, or seek some sort of independence.
On June 20, 2017, voters will decide, in a special election runoff, whether Trump-friendly Republican Karen Handel or insurgent Democrat Jon Ossoff will represent Georgia’s traditionally red Sixth Congressional District. This nationally monitored race is widely seen as a referendum on Donald Trump and a bellwether of Democratic chances to take back the House of Representatives in 2018.
Win an autographed copy of Margaret Atwood’s classic novel The Handmaid’s Tale! Just follow me on Twitter @snideshow and retweet me at least once. When my following reaches 1,000, someone will be selected at random to receive the book.
Contact and Support:
- Website: snideshow.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @snideshow
- Facebook: facebook.com/snideshow
- Please leave comments or positive feedback on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or whatever streaming service you’re using
- Financial support is welcome via PayPal to email@example.com
- Shop at Amazon.com and the SnideShow gets a cut
- If you like what you hear, tell any friends, family or associates who might also be interested. Thanks!