I interview David Silverman, president of American Atheists, about the dangers posed by the Donald Trump administration to the separation of church and state. David is also the author of Fighting God: An Atheist Manifesto for a Religious World.
Mentioned during the podcast:
- The Johnson Amendment, which prohibits 501(c)(3) organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates.
- From 2015, Donald Trump cast doubt on the validity of Ben Carson’s adherence to Seventh Day Adventism.
- Betsy DeVos, the ultra-religious, ultra-wealthy activist poised to damage America’s public school system in her capacity as Secretary of Education.
- Donald Trump’s anti-Muslim travel bans.
- Neil Gorsuch and the possibility that the Supreme Court might soon be dominated by conservative justices.
- Bill O’Reilly telling David Silverman that the tides are an unexplainable mystery (they’re a long-understood phenomenon caused by the interaction of the earth, the moon and the sun).
- The Most Hated Woman in America, the Netflix drama based on the latter days of American Atheists founder Madalyn Murray O’Hair.
Win an autographed copy of Margaret Atwood’s classic novel The Handmaid’s Tale! Just follow me on Twitter @snideshow and retweet me at least once. When my following reaches 1,000, someone will be selected at random to receive the book.
Contact and Support:
- Website: snideshow.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @snideshow
- Facebook: facebook.com/snideshow
- Please leave comments or positive feedback on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or whatever streaming service you’re using
- Financial support is welcome via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shop at Amazon.com and the SnideShow gets a cut
- If you like what you hear, tell any friends, family or associates who might also be interested. Thanks!